Friday, November 24, 2006

A challenging Question

A question and some recent thoughts that have challenged me.

I have been wrestling with a question that I feel is very important in life. It deals with personal contentment, faith, and so much more.

If all of the sudden everything was taken away from you... everything you love and cherish. (sort of similiar to the story of JOB)
For me since I love being active and outgoing, the question for me would be...

If I was paralyzed and couldn't speak anymore, would I still be able to go on, would I be content, would I give up on God or faith... could I be happy. If I had to sit in a wheelchair every day and rely on others to completely take care me.

This question could be asked in many different ways but I ask myself in this way because of what I love and becuase of who I am.

I have been in process of re-prioritizing and re-evaluating different areas of my life since I asked myself this question.

Thanks for reading!!
I would be glad to chat about this if anyone wants.

1 comment:

Scott Hackman said...

This sounds like an excitting and challenging exercise. I think the time at the Livingroom in two weeks will touch on this issue presented by your post.

Thanks for sharing with us.