Monday, April 02, 2007

For the Longing Heart

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for You, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
~ Psalm 42: 1-2 [NIV]


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
O Lord...
how awesome you are! How all-powerful and ever-present with us. How desperately we need you to give us mighty spiritual and physical strength moment by moment. No matter what circumstances surround us, Lord, may we be at peace with you. As we see Your glory reflected in the lives of those we care about, please help us to know that the love we experience is only a dim reflection of Your great love for us. And at times when we are discouraged, please remind us of our treasured hope in You.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Why are you downcast, o my soul? Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.
~ Psalm 42:5 [NIV]

Bless your Holy Name, Lord God.

Alleluia.

No comments: