Thursday, April 12, 2007

Reflections: A Heart for God

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.
Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me again the joy of your salvation and make me willing to obey you.
~ Psalm 51: 10-12 [NIV]


********************************
Here is my heart, O God,
here it is with all its secrets;
look into my thoughts, O my hope,
and take away all my wrong feelings:
let my eyes ever be on you
and release my feet from the snare.

~St. Augustine from The Confessions, New York: Random House, Copyright 1997 Augustinian Heritage Institute.
*********************************


Precious Savior,
as we give our hearts to you this day,
may you fill us with your Light and Love.
May we shine that light and show that love
to all around us today and throughout the remainder of this week.

For Your Glory, Amen.

No comments: