Saturday, April 28, 2007

Spiritual Journal: Silent Retreat Entry II

I love you, Lord...
Yes, I do love you, Lord, more than anything or anyone else...
I truly love You, Lord, as my First Love...
May You always hold this place in my heart, my mind, and my soul.


I want to keep You in Your rightful place in my life — as my First Love. I know that we need to work through this issue this weekend, Lord. I know some of the idols that this entails breaking down. I’m fearful of the emotional pain, of letting go of what I can see and hear and feel to trust You completely. Yet I already feel Your comfort and peace by the special care You have shown me as I’ve begun this weekend. It was as if You were just waiting for me to come away and spend time with You. You do care for me, precious Abba. How much I need Your love to heal my aching heart. You know all of the heartaches and the fears. Thank You that You love me despite my failings and my sinfulness. You have been so incredibly good to me to love me so much. Bless You, Holy Yahweh, forever and ever.

Later…
May every pain and heartache that I feel point me back to You. May my physical hunger remind me of the deep hunger that my soul had for You in my life. You are everything pure and holy, Lord. You are the essence of love, of mercy, of grace, of compassion, of kindness, of righteousness, of creativity, of beauty. You are the ultimate, the Master of the Universe. Everything exists for Your glory. I exist for You and for Your glory. You have a predetermined purpose for every experience of my life. Your purposes for me are eternal. Please help me to treat myself in a manner worthy of Your glory, worthy of Your high calling. Please help me to treat others in a manner that reflects Your glory and all of Your attributes.

No comments: