Friday, April 13, 2007

Samplings from Psalm 139

O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
You are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord....
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.
~ Samplings from Psalm 139 [NIV]

Most Precious Abba Father,
How glorious it is to know that we are surrounded by Your presence and Your love this day.
Lord, we are nothing without You, yet we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.
Thank you, Lord, for the mighty inner strength that you give us day by day.
Please continue to provide our daily bread in the physical, emotional, and spiritual realm.

We trust You for everything...
We love You always...

Lord, we believe; please help our unbelief...
Amen.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Thank you for your prayer today. As I have been sick this week, yet have had so much to do, those words ring true for me. I can not do anything on my own, but only through Christ who strengthens me. Pam, thank you for allowing your gifts to be used in this way.

Sue said...

Dear friend, how I so greatly appreciate these prayers, as I continue to struggle in that department. I have found great strength simply in others praying on my behalf -- not that you're doing this for me personally on this blog, but your words have been, for me, like the first tiny drops of rain on a parched and cracked wasteland. Hopefully one of these days these drops will turn into a torrent of life-giving water and this "desert experience" that I'm in will be gone. But for now know that I love you dearly and so greatly appreciate this new connection to you. Keep them coming!