Friday, April 20, 2007

Spiritual Journal: Being Deeply Loved

What do I think it would feel like to be deeply loved?

I would have a strong sense of personal worth or value, a deep sense of well-being, and a feeling of security that was not based on my performance.

Dear friend…
the love that God has already given you
encompasses all of these things…
and more.
It is His love you long for;
it is His love you have.


The Almighty Lord of the Heavens, who always was, is, and will be forever, knows exactly who I am. He knows how many hairs are on my head and how many cells are in my body. He knows my every thought and feeling. He knows how deeply I hurt and how creative my dreams are. He chose me to be His child and His marriage partner before the Earth was formed. He knew all of my sinfulness and my emotional needs and He wanted me to be His own even with all of that. Christ gave up heaven to come and die in my place so that I could be with Him for all eternity; there is no greater security than this. I am an adopted child of the Almighty Father — a co-heir with the King of Kings; there is no greater worth than this. God has assured me that He works all things together for my good; there is no greater sense of well being than this. All this and abundantly more than I can ever imagine are mine already because I have trusted in Christ for my righteousness.

I am most assuredly deeply loved.

1 comment:

Scott Hackman said...

Today I was listening to an old recording from the community we were apart of in TX called Teleos. The girl singing was a dear friend and has since been divorced from her husband after a year of marriage. I was overwhelmed with the since of loss for this relationship with her and her husband.

Speaking of God's love is hard when the love of friends is lost over time. Watching brokenness in the relationship once held dear is a painful process. I am asking God for the strength to enter into the process of letting go. Thank you for being a spiritual mother to the Living Room.